Fresh Cucumber Bites
The farmer’s markets are cropping up and I couldn’t pass up the table with early season cucumbers. This appetizer is fresh and light with a hint of dill.
2 medium cucumbers, peeled and sliced into half-inch slices
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 (4-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
3 Tbsp. ranch dressing
1 Tbsp. fresh dill
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, for garnish
1. Remove middle of the cucumber with a half teaspoon measuring spoon.
2. Combine softened cream cheese, mayonnaise and ranch dressing. Mix until smooth in texture.
3. Add dill and garlic salt and mix just until combined.
4. Place the topping into a piping bag with a star attachment and pipe out about a 3/4 Tbsp. into each prepared cucumber.
5. Insert cherry tomato half into each cucumber topping.
6. Sprinkle with black pepper, serve and enjoy.
Apron Strings Tips: Pat the cucumber slices dry with a paper towel to get the topping to stick. Prepare the cucumbers in advance and refrigerate up to 4 hours. If fresh dill is not available, dried dill will work.