These mini meatball subcakes are perfect as an appetizer or main dish. The portable gems are easy for grab-and-go situations, at the big game or as something different to pull together for dinner. The kiddo adore them as they are the perfect size for their little hands! Provide small bowls with additional marinara dipping sauce!
1 can refrigerated crescent dough sheet
4-oz. cream cheese, softened
¾ tsp. Italian seasoning
1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
12 frozen meatballs, ½ oz. or 1 oz. type
1 ¼ c. spaghetti sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 12 muffin pan cups with cooking spray.
2. Remove dough from can and spread into a rectangle. Use a pizza cutter to cut dough into 12 equal-sized squares. Press squares into the bottom of the muffin pan cups.
3. In a bowl, combine cream cheese, seasoning and ½ c. mozzarella cheese. Divide the mixture evenly among the 12 muffin cups. Spread on the bottom with a spoon.
4. Place a meatball on top of the cheese mixture. Spoon 2 tablespoons of spaghetti sauce onto the top of each meatball. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese on top.
5. Bake 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Apron Strings Tips: If you have the regular crescent rolls, press the edges together to form a large rectangle roughly 8”x18” before you cut it. The taste can vary based on the type of frozen meatballs you purchase and you can play around a bit with the flavor of spaghetti sauce you select. These are best eaten after you bake them.