Instant Pot Salisbury Steak
My husband has mastered the art of cooking in the Instant Pot and came up with this dish which is our new favorite! These flavorful and tender beef patties served with mashed potatoes and slathered with a rich brown gravy with mushrooms is one you must try!
8 oz. sliced mushrooms
1/2 yellow onion, sliced
2 c. beef broth (low sodium)
1 oz. pkg. brown gravy mix (dry)
3 Tbsp. ketchup
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp. fresh or dried parsley
3 Tbsp. corn starch
6 Tbsp. water
2 lbs. lean ground beef
2 large egg yolks
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
1/2 c. Panko bread crumbs
4 Tbsp. milk
1 clove garlic, minced
salt & pepper to taste
1. Layer mushrooms and onions in the bottom of Instant Pot.
2. Combine beef patty ingredients and form (6) 1/3 lb. patties. Brown patties over medium high heat for 3 minutes each side.
3. Layer beef patties over mushroom and onion mixture. Combine remaining ingredients except water and cornstarch. Set Instant Pot to manual setting for 10 minutes.
4. Once cooked, use manual pressure release and remove patties and set aside.
5. Combine cold water and cornstarch. Stir into the broth and let cook a few minutes until thickened while Instant Pot setting is on keep warm.
6. Add the beef patties back into the sauce to coat. Serve with mashed potatoes, rice or egg noodles.