Cream Cheese and Cranberry Bites
I had a package of dried cranberries leftover from another dish so they worked perfectly in this recipe. They taste great either warm from the oven or chilled for brunch. I like to use spicy jalepeno cream cheese spread to kick the flavor up.
1 (4-oz.) block of reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
3 Tbsp. chopped dried cranberries
1 (8-oz.) can refrigerated crescent dough sheet
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. in a medium-sized bowl, stir together cream cheese and cranberries.
3. Unroll dough sheet on a large cutting board and press into a 12-by-8-inch rectangle. Using a pizza cutter, cut into 24 evenly sized squares.
4. Place a teaspoon-size amount of the cranberry mixture in the center of each square. Bring the four corners of the dough together in the middle, pinch and twist the dough to seal. Small gaps will remain in the seams.
5. Place them on the baking sheets about 1-inch apart and bake for 10-to-13 minutes or until golden brown.
Apron Strings Tips: Drizzle the tops with powdered sugar icing: 1 c. confectioners’ sugar, 2 Tbsp. milk and 1/2 tsp. clear vanilla extract or orange extract mixed together until smooth.