Cheeseburger Burger Bombs
These are “the bomb” my 9-year-old told me this weekend when she ate five of these! I use the large-sized biscuits for this recipe. Serve them with ketchup, barbecue sauce or steak sauce to dip them in.
1 (16.3-oz.) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1 lb. lean ground beef
1/4 c. yellow onion, diced
1 (8-oz.) pkg. mild cheddar cheese cubes
16 slices bacon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Line another baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Brown ground beef and onion, drain if necessary. Leave ground beef coarsely chopped. While beef is browning, place bacon on the aluminum foil lined sheet. Bake bacon about 8 minutes, just partially cooking it. Remove from oven, dab with paper towel and set aside. Reduce oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Separate biscuits and cut in half to make 16 pieces. Press each piece into a circle with your hands.
4. In the middle of each biscuit, put 2 tablespoons of ground beef and 1 cheese cube. Pull dough around filling and seal completely, including seams. Wrap each bomb with one slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick poked completely through. Place on baking sheet, seam side down, about 2 inches apart.
5. Bake for 18-to-20 minutes or until dough golden brown and baked is cooked.
Apron Strings Tips: You can also make these with Chicken, Bacon and Ranch Bomb by using pieces of cooked chicken breast and mozzarella cheese cubes with ranch dressing for a dipping sauce.