Cream Cheese and Sausage Bites
Similar to the Cream Cheese and Cranberry Bites, these simple bundles make a portable potluck contribution or attractive addition to the appetizer spread. Try other types of cream cheese spread such as garden vegetable to change up the taste of these gems.
1/2 lb. bulk pork sausage, browned and drained
1/2 c. jalapeno cream cheese spread
1 (8-oz.) can refrigerated crescent dough sheet
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cool the sausage slightly and in a medium-sized bowl, stir together cream cheese and sausage.
3. Unroll dough sheet on a large cutting board and press into a 12-by-8-inch rectangle. Using a pizza cutter, cut into 24 evenly sized squares.
3. Place a tablespoon-size amount of the sausage mixture in the center of each square. Bring the four corners of the dough together in the middle, pinch and twist the dough to seal. Small gaps will remain in the seams.
4. Place them on the baking sheets about 1-inch apart and bake for 10-to-13 minutes or until golden brown.
Apron Strings Tips: Garnish with a small dollop of sour cream on top.