Maple Walnut Breakfast Buns
These breakfast rolls are a tasty semi-homemade creation! This is a time-saving technique that busy families like mine LOVE!
3/4 c. light brown sugar
1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
1 pound frozen bread dough, thawed
6 Tbsp. butter, melted
1/2 c. walnuts, chopped
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 Tbsp. butter, softened
1 c. confectioners’ sugar
1 Tbsp. pancake syrup
1. Coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12×14-inch rectangle. Brush dough with butter and sprinkle evenly with sugar mixture and nuts. Roll up dough tightly in a jelly-roll fashion. Cut into 12 rolls and place cut side up in prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove plastic wrap from pan. Bake rolls 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
5. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, confectioners’ sugar and syrup until smooth. Drizzle rolls with icing and serve warm.
Apron Strings Tip: I like to use dental floss to cut my cinnamon rolls. It’s always a good idea to measure out and make small marks on the dough before you cut to ensure each roll is roughly the same size.