Individual Cherry Pies
Cherry pie is popular at our home and these quick and easy mini pies hit the spot in quick fashion! The biscuits that form the "crust" make these a perfect breakfast treat!
¼ c. all-purpose flour
½ c. packed light brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ c. butter
½ c. chopped pecans
1 (16.3 oz) buttermilk biscuits (large ones)
1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
1. In a medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. With a fork, cut in butter until mixture resembles course crumbs. Stir in nuts.
2. Separate dough into 8 biscuits and cut each biscuit in half to make 16. With floured fingers, flatten each to form a 4-inch circle.
3. Press each biscuit round into an ungreased muffin cup and up the side of the cup. Spoon 2 Tbsp. of the pie filling into each biscuit lined cup. Sprinkle each with 2 Tbsp. of the flour mixture. Cups will be full.
4. Bake for 18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes and remove pies to cool completely on a wire rack.
5. Serve warm with a dollop of whipped topping or small scoop of vanilla ice cream.\