Country Beef and Tomato Casserole
This casserole comes together quickly and is on the table in about 35 minutes. Serve it with a garnish of sour cream and garlic bread and pair it with a green salad.
1 (12-oz.) bag wide egg noodles
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 (10.75-oz) can condensed tomato soup
1 (10.75-oz) can golden mushroom creamed soup
1 c. milk
2 Tbsp. dried onion flakes
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 c. shredded Italian-cheese blend
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Cook noodles according to package instructions for al dente; drain and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain if needed.
4. In a large bowl mix together condensed tomato soup, golden mushroom soup, milk, onion flakes, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and garlic powder. Then add the ground beef and egg noodles and stir until combined.
5. Pour into your prepared baking dish and evenly sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake for 25 minutes.
Apron Strings Tips: I often have sliced mushrooms left from other recipes and will toss a few into this recipe. My daughter loves sweet corn so to change it up I stir about a cup and a half of frozen sweet corn into the browned ground beef and continue cooking for about 3 minutes to thaw the corn.