Ground Beef and Veggies Casserole
Complete steps one, two and three simultaneously for 10 minutes of preparation. Pop it in the oven for about 30 minutes and you’ve got dinner in under an hour. Serve with cut up fresh fruit on the side or as a dessert.
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 (15-oz.) can Veg-All mixed vegetables, drained
2 c. elbow macaroni
1/4 c. onion, diced
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
Sauce Mixture :
1/4 c. butter or margarine
1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F . and spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Cook noodles according to package directions for al dente; drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, brown ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain if needed.
3. While beef is cooking, make the sauce. In a medium-sized bowl, melt butter in microwave. Mix in flour and milk until smooth. Mix in 1 c. shredded cheese.
4. In the baking dish, add mixed vegetables, macaroni noodles and ground beef and stir together. Pour the sauce mixture over the top evenly. Sprinkle top with remaining 1 cup shredded cheese.
5. Bake for 30-to-40 minutes.
Apron Strings Tips: If you like your casseroles to be on the moist side, you can double the amount of sauce. Pepperjack cheese makes this recipe a bit spicier.