Nacho Supreme Bake
This is our family favorite weekend dish! Now that spring is here and we are spending more time outside I like a recipe that is quick and delicious!
1 lb. ground beef
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1 (1-oz.) pkg. taco seasoning
1 (4-oz.) can chopped green chilies
1 (28-oz.) can petite diced tomatoes
1 (12-16 oz.) bag tortilla chips (yellow corn)
4 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 c. sour cream
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a skillet, cook ground beef and onion until meat is browned and onion is tender; drain.
2. Stir in taco seasoning, chilies (undrained) and tomatoes (undrained). Simmer (uncovered) for 15 minutes and liquid is reduced.
3. Place half the tortilla chips in a 9-in.-by-13 in. baking dish. Layer half of the meat mixture and half of the Monterey Jack cheese evenly over the tortilla chips.
4. Layer the remainder of the chips and then meat mixture and cheese.
5. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Top with dollops of sour cream and sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, for another 10 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes. Cut into 8 squares and serve with condiments of your choice such as salsa.