This dish can be served right away or served chilled. I toss in mini pepperonis for added protein.
8 oz. uncooked linguine
1 Tbsp. zesty Italian dressing
1 c. thinly sliced fresh broccoli
1 carrot, thinly sliced
1/2 c. sliced green onions
1/4 c. butter, cubed
1 1/2 c. sliced fresh mushrooms
1 clove garlic (I use 1/2 tsp. of prepared garlic)
1 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
6 oz. fresh snow peas (roughly 2 cups)
1/4 c. chicken broth
1/4 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Cook linguine according to package. Drain and toss with 1 Tbsp. of zesty Italian Dressing.
2. While noodles are boiling, cook the broccoli, carrot and onions in butter for about 3 minutes.
3. Add the mushrooms, garlic, basil, salt and pepper and cook 1 minute longer.
4. Add the snow peas and broth. Cover and cook for 2 minutes longer until peas are crisp-tender.
5. Add linguine with dressing to skillet and toss to coat.
6. Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top of each serving.
Apron String Notes: This recipe has many opportunities for amendment... skip the snow peas and add frozen peas; toss in baby spinach leaves during step number 4; what about a few black olives and mini pepperonis?