Throw together a light lettuce salad and you have a meal! I save time by tossing chicken breasts in the slow cooker on low for 8 hours with 3 Tbsp. zesty Italian dressing. I can use them that evening for this recipe and freeze the remainder for next time.
1 Tbsp. olive oil
15 strips bacon, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely minced
2 ½ c. heavy whipping cream
1 ¼ c. finely grated Parmesan cheese
6 large egg yolks
¼ c. chopped flat-leaf parsley
¼ c. chopped fresh basil
1 lb. dried spaghetti
4 c. chopped cooked chicken
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. ground black pepper
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet with high sides over medium heat. Cook the bacon until crispy, remove to a paper-towel lined plate and reserve 1 Tbsp. of bacon grease in the pan.
2. In a mixing bowl, stir together garlic, cream, cheese, egg yolks, parsley and basil. Set aside.
3. Cook spaghetti according to package directions, drain well.
4. Add the cooked chicken and bacon back to the skillet with reserved bacon grease over medium-low heat. Stir to combine.
5. Add the hot spaghetti and cream mixture, toss to coat. Continue stirring until the mixture is heated through and sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Ensure mixture does not boil.