Cuban-Style Shredded Pork Sandwich
Source: Hamilton Beach
1/4 c. fresh orange juice
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. lime zest
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. cumin
1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. crushed red pepper
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
5 lb. boneless pork shoulder
For the sandwich:
Bread (if you want panini) or rolls
Yellow Mustard (prepared)
Sliced Swiss cheese
Sliced baked ham
1. Combine juices, olive oil, zest, garlic and seasonings.
2. Place pork in large resealable bag. Pour marinade over pork and refrigerate overnight (or several hours).
3. Place roast and contents of bag in slow cooker crock. Cover and cook in high 4-5 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
4. Remove pork to cutting board. Reserve juice in crock.
5. Shred pork. Add to crock and stir to combine juices.
6. Spread rolls with mustard. Layer cheese, ham, shredded pork and top with pickles in bun.
7. If you are making paninis, preheat panini press and then grill until toasted.