Gingerbread Quick Loaf
This is the perfect quick bread for the cold winter months when paired with a steaming cup of coffee or hot chocolate!
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
3/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. unsalted butter, softened
1/2 c. molasses
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 c. buttermilk
1/4 c. confectioner’s sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare an 8- by 4-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, sift or stir together the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger and nutmeg; set aside.
3. Using a stand mixer, cream the sugar and butter. Add the molasses and vanilla and mix well, scraping the sides twice with a rubber scraper to mix well.
4. Add the flour mixture (step 2) to the sugar mixture alternately with the buttermilk, stirring just until blended after each addition, ending with the buttermilk.
5. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, loosen sides and turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely. When completely cool, dust with confectioner’s sugar.