Bacon-Wrapped Little Smokies with Pineapple
The combination of the beef smokies and brown sugar with fresh pineapple kick these appetizers a 50-yard field goal.
1 pkg. beef little smokies
1 pkg. bacon
1 fresh pineapple
1 c. light brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Peel and cut pineapple into bite-sized pieces.
3. Cut each strip of bacon into thirds.
4. Wrap each smokie with a piece of bacon, top with a piece of pineapple and secure the bundle with a toothpick. Line them up on a cookie sheet.
4. Crumble about 1 cup of brown sugar across the top of the bundles (I like to press some into the pineapple). Broil for 5 minutes at 425° degrees F and then turn oven to 400° degrees F and bake for an additional 10- to 15 minutes.
Apron Strings Tips: Soak your toothpicks in water for 10 minutes before using in the oven. Avoid colored toothpicks as the color will leach onto your pineapple.