Big Game Pretzel Bars
The combination of sweet and salty make this bar the perfect offering during the big game.
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 c. light brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 (12-oz.) bag bittersweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 c. pretzels, coarsely chopped
2 Tbsp. chocolate sprinkles
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13-in. cake pan with parchment paper, allowing overhang on the long ends.
2. In a medium bowl, stir or sift the flour, baking soda and salt.
3. Using a stand mixer, cream the butter with both sugars. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. At low speed, mix in the dry ingredients. Stir in the chips and pretzels.
4. Spread batter in the pan and top with the sprinkles. Bake for 30 minutes, until golden; the center will still be a little gooey. Transfer the pan to a rack and let cool completely.
5. Run the edge of a knife around the side of the pan and lift the bar out using the parchment paper. Cut into 24 squares and serve.