Open-Faced Turkey & Mashed Taters
This is AMAZING!
1 (3 lb.) turkey breast, thawed and skin removed
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
1 box (32 oz.) chicken broth
1 bay leaf
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. oregano leaves
1 envelope instant mashed potatoes
2 packets turkey gravy mix
6-8 slices of Texas Toast bread, toasted
1. Place turkey breast in slow cooker. Pour chicken broth around it. Season turkey with salt, pepper, thyme and oregano. Add bay leaf to broth. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
2. Carefully remove turkey from slow cooker to a cutting board. Strain and reserve broth.
3. Place mashed potato granules in a medium bowl and ladle 1 ½ c. of the hot strained broth over the top. Whisk to blend, cover and set aside.
4. Combine 2 envelopes of gravy mix and 2 cups cold water in a small saucepan. Over medium heat bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute.
5. Cut turkey into slices.
6. Assemble the sandwich with bread on the bottom, then spread on mashed potatoes, top with a slice of turkey and drizzle with gravy.